Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weekend Away...


I took a trip to Connecticut this weekend, I stayed in Stamford with JC and Ty...some old friends from college. I got there Saturday night and we ended up deciding to take the train ride into NYC around midnight. We met up with some of his euro buddies and went to The Mansion...one of the nicest clubs in NYC, got in VIP..it was a pretty good time, although drinks were ungodly expensive. $16 for a drink...would be shitfaced on $16 in GB. Saw Brian my buddy from high school, which was good to see him. Ended up getting somewhat stranded walking the streets of NYC at 4:00am, but eventually found our way back to CT by 5...Sunday was spent at Buffalo Wild Wings, drinking numerous beers and eating wings, watching football. That was enjoyable, I missed winggggggssss. The whole reason I went to CT was to take my Playing Ability Test to get into the PGA program... 36 holes, had to shoot 154... Played solid the first round and shot 72, 2 birdies 2 bogeys....then got a little to relaxed and coasted in with a 77. Took 2nd place and was one of the 3 people out of 40 that passed. Now I get to start on my books! yippie........ It was good to be home though, my bed was heaven and it was great to see my girly Sophie... She has been kind of lonely with Links and Eric leaving. But now she and Lissie are the women of the house and she'll be good without links biting at her tail. I'm hoping to spend the next couple weeks, slowly rejuvinating the house and making it into a warm home to spend the summer.. Its shaping up everday. I'm out...

No comments: