Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Woods Hole Pro-Pro


Good evening... I would like to drop a line about the tourney that was played today. It was a Cape Cod chapter Pro-Pro, where two pro's play a best ball. Our teaching pro at the club, Danny Caverly who just won 2008 New England Teacher of the Year this past year, and is a good friend. Danny is a great player with one of the best short games I've ever seen in my life, it is silly good. We played at Woods Hole Golf Club, where my uncle is the president and just had a large part in designing a new pro shop. I've played the course many times, and really enjoy the 5300 yard tricky track.... tricky track....interesting. It was a really fun day, it was a great group, along with Danny was our head pro Sean...so its always a good time to play with your friends. Danny and I shot 68, we made 5 birdies and 2 bogeys including the last hole, some putts could have dropped, but that's golf. We ended up taking tied for 4th out of 20 team's, we won a skin for a birdie that Danny made on the 3rd hole when he casually chipped in. My game was solid, hit my driver stellar.. I believe I shot a generous even. 2 birdies, 2 bogeys... nothing too special at all. Tomorrow is the #4 assistants tourney just outside of boston, have a 8:30 tee time.... and traffic off Cape will be wicked... early morning for sure! Have to go to bed.... Dreaming of making birdies...


---fun fact: I was walking into the living room, when eric threw a frisbee to links and he jumped up and hit my hand with his mouth...hit my finger on his tooth and gave me a pretty nasty cut... quite the goof...

No comments: