Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Byron Russell vs. Michael Jordan



I got home today from work to Ryan walking out the door to go play some bball at the courts down by the ocean.. He waited so I could join him in some hoop. This turned out be be the worst thing he could have done. Time to set the scene..... Ryan is arguably the best basketball player I've played with in my lfie, he dominated in high school, four year starter, led his high school to state tourney's, ended up the all time school leader in points and I believe assists maybe even steals. This led him to being recruited by then Utah University coach Rick Majerus. (Majerus once came to his house for dinner on a recruiting visit and proceeded to eat a whole pan of Grandma Werch's Apple Crisp, along with everything else in their household ahhah no but he really did eat the whole pan) Anyways Ryan went on to getting a scholarship to Utah, only to transfer to UWGB after a semester due to fear of being eaten by Majerus and the fact he was surrounded by mormon's. This is where our friendship began to flourish. He played for GB for 3 years and yadayadaya...the point here is he played 4 years of Division 1 bball against great competition. Now let me tell you about my bball career. In high school an epic career of varsity ball... I scored 26 points....in my career. Only to quit after a year because of the abuse from Mr. Boyce Hodge (see march 10 post). Anyways, I went on to play 4 years of D1 Intramurals...actually freshman year I played "B" league intramurals, where I once scored 47 points in an classic double overtime playoff thriller....only to get ejected in the first half of our championship came, one of my two career intramural ejections. Eventually I went on to be the most winningest intramural player in University of Green Bay History, having won 2 "A" league championships and getting my Pinnie retired and raised to the rafters. That should let you know the kind of games that Ryan and I have...

Just so you know, we play make it..take it.... so if you can hit some shots, you can jump out to a good lead. And fyi when I play Ryan...I got 140%, because that's my only chance...while he goes about 76%, until he gets down..then he goes 87%... if he went 100% I wouldn't touch the ball, and he would probably murder me....literally

Game 1: Complete domination... Ryan killshowed me... 11-2.... My moral was down, I just couldn't hit a shot.

Game 2: Complete domination....Ryan killshowed me once again... 11-4.... I was down and out.

Game 3: It was a hard fought battle, I took a large lead with a couple 3's I was up like 7-2... Ryan came back got the game close but I hit a couple rainmakers and closed him out 11-7.

***At this point 5 hispanic kids began playing at the other hoop, which was somewhat distracting because of how bad they were, I mean they were spitting the loudest most ridic spanglish that I've heard... Hispanic's just shouldn't be on the bball court (no offense to anyone of hispanic dissent), but how many hispanic's do you see in the NBA? Yes you see some spaniards, but these cats had to have been from MeHiiiCoooo, because their game was silly bad.


Game 4: I jumped out to a 7-2 lead or so... Ryan began to tighten up his D, I think I hit a 3 to make it 9-4...he tied it up and we battle back and forth for awhile...I think the score was like 12-11 and I threw up a one handed fall away and found the net to win the game.

Game 5: At this point, I was tired, happy to have just won the last two...it was already a moral victory... but I went hard as ever..I jumped out to an early lead 3-1...Ryan couldn't hit a shot, he even missed a couple contested lay ups (I told him this was because he was scared of me blocking his shit, this was the extent of my shit talking)... I ended up hitting another 3... the score now 5-1... he got the ball scored a hoop 5-2... then I began to throw daggers, i hit back to back 3's to make it 9-2... He scored a couple of buckets and missed an open jumper. The score=9-5...I then took the giant down with back to back buckets. Ryan swore loudly, and slyly smiled....


Now let me tell you...this is probably the last time I will ever beat him... because after reading this he will never go easy on me at any point. But it's all fun and games folks.. today I win, probably the last time.

No comments: