Sunday, March 29, 2009

Is he real?

I watched the last 5 holes of the tournament today.... It was Tiger's 3rd tournament back, i believe, from almost a year off. Before the round started, I talked to a couple people and told them that I thought Tiger would come back from the 5 shot deficit he faced going into the final round. I said this hoping Tiger would get it close within a couple holes, and it would be a good finish, I said this on Tiger's reputation alone. To make a long story short, it came down to the last hole...one putt... 22 feet or so. If anyone that follows golf was watching, they knew that was going to happen. They had seen this ending before, maybe in the US Open, or the Palmer last year. This year was going to be different, Tiger has been "rusty", he wouldn't have the same magic, he bogeyed 17 after having a one shot lead. All that aside, Tiger had one putt... I told JC there was no doubt what was going to happen. My father was thinking the same thing, no doubt...everytime Tiger has something on the line, and we are watching it together, he looks at me and says, "this is in!". There is no one else in sports that is so clutch, Jordan maybe...but Jordan missed... Tiger just doesn't miss, he really doesn't ever miss...when he HAS to make it. Why doesn't his ball ever hit a mark and bounce of line in these clutch moments? You ever notice that? His putts, just always find the cup..one way or another...chip, sand shot, or putt, it finds the cup when it needs to. There is either someone looking down on him and the game of golf (Earl? Jones? Hogan?) But we should all realize that we are watching something special... We are watching a human with the ability, that we will never see again. Don't take this time for granted, please, I realized that I've just come to expect this shit from him. Only to sit back and realize that I'll never ever no matter what...see moments like this, putts like this....or shots like that......

No comments: